Government, society, politics, and media.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

VP Debate Stats

The VP debate has just ended.

Literally minutes before the beginning of the debate, I finished programming a version of a debate tracker which I will be using to generate statistics on all the debates (as well as to verify my statistics on the first debate).

Here are the results: http://andrewpeace.com/debate-tracking-tool/results.php?id=1

Note: For "Referenced their own record" I only included instances where the candidates referenced themselves. For "Referenced their opponent's record" I included instances where they mentioned their opponent or their opponent's principal (the opposing presidential candidate).

Please, verify any of the events marked in the log. Here is how you do so:
  1. Find a video of the debate (try YouTube)
  2. Find the moment when the moderator begins the first question (my synchronization event)
  3. Look at the time the event occurred in my log and add that time to the time on your video source where the moderator begins the first question.
  4. Once you have added the times, skip forward to that time on the video to see the event happen.
Of course, my tallies are subject to human error. They may be off by one to seven seconds. If you find an event in the log that is off by more than seven seconds, TELL ME! I will admit I made a bad tally. I will shout it from the rooftops. I will post it on this blog in bright red lettering. Please, verify.

Peace!

No comments:

About Me

I find it's best to avoid filling in these "about me" things. You never know who's watching. And anyway, how would I decide which of my many personalities to portray? I wouldn't want to anger any of them. I WILL HARNESS THE POWER OF THE GOOGLE BLOGGINGS. Quiet, Pavlo. The point is that these things are dangerous. If I'm not careful, I could come across as a weirdo. Or boring. Also, I believe that every photo of me steals a little bit of my soul, so no profile picture.