Government, society, politics, and media.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Friend Sparky

Before I said that the reason I created this blog is because I like to think about government, society, politics, and the media. That was a lie.

I really created this blog because I have a liberal friend named Sparky who I love to debate with. My problem is that, when I debate, I cannot spout off facts, numbers, and well-formed ideas from the top of my head like I wish I could (not that Sparky can, either). I figured that a blog would be a good place to present a case. A blog allows me to gather my facts, numbers, and well-formed ideas over time as I find them. Once it is full of juicy information I can simply direct Sparky to my blog for a big whamming.

Sparky is very, very liberal. His main, driving belief is that religion dominates conservatism and that voting for conservative policies only forces religion on the country. Although he denies it now, he has told me more than once that he thinks religious people should not be allowed to participate in government. (Please don't get confused. I am not religious at ALL. I'm just truthfully describing Sparky's views).

Mind you, Sparky is not a Democrat. Although I make fun of him for claiming he is an 'independent', I shouldn't. I do it too. I am a conservative but I don't call myself a Republican. Anyways, you get the point. With us, it is liberal versus conservative. Somehow, we still remain best friends when we are not talking about government and politics.

Of course, his real name is not Sparky. I do wish to apologize in advance to him, because I am sure I will mistype his nickname as "Spanky" a few times in this blog (just watch!). I figured I would give him a nickname so as not to disclose his real identity. Not that he should be embarrassed about any of his opinions, ideas, or lifestyle choices. I just figured it would be a good thing to do.

Watch out sparky! This one's for you!

Peace

No comments:

About Me

I find it's best to avoid filling in these "about me" things. You never know who's watching. And anyway, how would I decide which of my many personalities to portray? I wouldn't want to anger any of them. I WILL HARNESS THE POWER OF THE GOOGLE BLOGGINGS. Quiet, Pavlo. The point is that these things are dangerous. If I'm not careful, I could come across as a weirdo. Or boring. Also, I believe that every photo of me steals a little bit of my soul, so no profile picture.