Government, society, politics, and media.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Energy synergy

Today I am going to focus on energy. Much like immigration, energy is one issue that McCain and Obama both agree on in many ways. Both candidates believe in expanding domestic natural gas and oil. Both candidates believe in researching clean coal, and both plan incentives and funding for newer, cleaner technologies.

(Opinion alert)

No matter who gets elected, America will begin an energy makeover which will last throughout the century. This is something that every American can be excited about. So, I will be taking a different approach today while I look at each candidate's energy plan. Rather than comparing and contrasting the plans or looking for the pros and cons on each plan, I will praise both. I want to look at both plans and point out the parts of each that excite me the most.

First I will look at Barack Obama's plan, then John McCain's. I think they both have great things to offer, and I plan to emphasize their strengths.

I decided to do this for two reasons. For one, Barack Obama needs a break. As John McCain said in his political ad last night, it is all too often that the accomplishments of our opponents go unrecognized. Just because I think that McCain is a better candidate than Obama doesn't mean that I think Obama is all bad! I'm excited to give a focused, positive look at his energy plan.

The second reason is that energy is important. I think that energy is the greatest issue facing the nation today. The two candidates' plans do have differences. Each plan has its weaknesses. I believe we need to set aside those inevitable imperfections and focus on supporting their strengths. How can we support an energy plan once it is enacted if we did nothing but criticize it during the campaign season?

Let's continue to rally around our favorite candidates and get excited about energy!

(Posts to follow)

No comments:

About Me

I find it's best to avoid filling in these "about me" things. You never know who's watching. And anyway, how would I decide which of my many personalities to portray? I wouldn't want to anger any of them. I WILL HARNESS THE POWER OF THE GOOGLE BLOGGINGS. Quiet, Pavlo. The point is that these things are dangerous. If I'm not careful, I could come across as a weirdo. Or boring. Also, I believe that every photo of me steals a little bit of my soul, so no profile picture.