Government, society, politics, and media.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Please Understand This

I have been posting about the Community Reinvestment Act for quite some time now, even before the major news outlets were giving it any mention. Now they are catching on, and of course dismissing the act using bogus statistics and flawed logic.

I just read a great article from Mises.org, the most-read economics web site in the world. The article outlines exactly what I have been saying for weeks, but does it much more eloquently than I ever could.

The CRA Scam and Its Defenders - Mises.org

Please understand this, please. It is so upsetting when I hear people blaming the free market for the economic crisis it makes me depressed.

Please understand that big government is the root of the economic crisis. Please understand that we are not a free-market country anymore, not even under George Bush. If we were, these problems wouldn't exist.

In fact, I'd be glad if anybody could explain to me how the free market did cause these problems. If that could be done, I would become a liberal so that my friends would all leave me alone.

I'm not keeping my hopes up, though.

No comments:

About Me

I find it's best to avoid filling in these "about me" things. You never know who's watching. And anyway, how would I decide which of my many personalities to portray? I wouldn't want to anger any of them. I WILL HARNESS THE POWER OF THE GOOGLE BLOGGINGS. Quiet, Pavlo. The point is that these things are dangerous. If I'm not careful, I could come across as a weirdo. Or boring. Also, I believe that every photo of me steals a little bit of my soul, so no profile picture.