Government, society, politics, and media.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Change #2: Reversal on campaign funding

During the presidential campaign, the Obama camp touted their large base of "small donors" and claimed they "changed the way campaigns were funded".

As it turns out, they lied. About 26% of donors to the Obama campaign were "small donors", as compared to 25% of donors to the 2004 Bush campaign.

Campaign Finance Insitute: Reality check on Obama campaign financing

Covered in the news:

ABC News Political Punch blog
USA Today
US News and World Report

So, the "change" here is really the unmasking of a fake "change" that Obama already claimed to have made. Stay tuned for more changes!

No comments:

About Me

I find it's best to avoid filling in these "about me" things. You never know who's watching. And anyway, how would I decide which of my many personalities to portray? I wouldn't want to anger any of them. I WILL HARNESS THE POWER OF THE GOOGLE BLOGGINGS. Quiet, Pavlo. The point is that these things are dangerous. If I'm not careful, I could come across as a weirdo. Or boring. Also, I believe that every photo of me steals a little bit of my soul, so no profile picture.